Sunday, March 8, 2009

New CD Update & More

I am happy to announce my recording - The Russ Spiegel Jazz Orchestra: Transplants - is now available. This project has taken almost 3 years and more money than I care to admit but I am proud of the results: 9 songs performed by a 17-man strong band, 6 originals, 3 vocal tracks, and all arrangements by yours truly. The new date for release and CD release party is set for 8pm and 9:30pm (two shows) Tuesday, April 7th at the Gershwin Hotel located at 27th St. & Madison Ave. in New York City. Cost is $15.

In March, I have two exciting performances coming up:
On March 17th, at 7:30pm I'll be performing with my Indian/Jazz band Sundar Shor at Elebash Hall at the CUNY Grad Center. This is a very exciting project and features the amazing Carl Clements on saxes and bansuri - the Indian bamboo flute. Carl is probably one of the only musicians in the world playing jazz on this instrument. The band will be augmented by Gary Wang on bass, Adrian D'Souza on drums and Narendra Budhakar on tabla. To hear some of our music go to www.myspace.com/sundarshor

On March 19th I'll be playing with my trio at the Bar Next Door (underneath La Lanterna) at McDougal St. & 3rd St. in Greenwich Village. The BND is one of the most vibrant locales in the city presenting cutting edge jazz in a cozy, convivial setting. Three shows between 8:00 and 11:30pm. $10 cover for all night.

I am "O solo mio" Friday evenings 7-10pm at Il Porto Restaurant (known for its wood burning brick oven pizza!). Located directly across from the entrance to Steiner Studios. Hope to see you there.
37 Washington Avenue at Flushing Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11205
(718) 624-2965
www.ilportobrooklyn.com

And, as always, I am playing Jazz Brunch every Sunday 12-3pm - guitar/bass duo at: Jesse's Place - 181st & Pinehurst (A Train to 181st) in Washington Heights, Manhattan. www.jessesplace.net

No comments: