Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Latest News: Gig Update

Hello Friends and Music Lovers,

As mentioned in my previous post I am very happy to mention that this Sunday I will be flying down to the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, where I will be an Aebersold Guest Artist. The university big band will be performing a concert of my big band music with yours truly as Special Guest and I will also be giving master classes in Jazz Guitar and Jazz Composition and Arranging as well as working with the jazz ensembles there.

The first two weeks of May I will also be taking a trip back to my second homeland - Germany - where I will be performing at the Hanau Jazzkeller on May 6th, with hopefully more to follow.

_________________________

Upcoming Gigs:

Thursday, April 14th, 6:30-8:30pm - it's "Attack of the Russes" as I will be playing a private event in duo with saxophonist Russ Nolan in Manhattan. Wish you all could be there.

This and every Friday evening 7:30-10:30pm I am playing dinner jazz duo with bassist Kevin Thomas at:
Il Porto Pizzeria Restaurant
37 Washington Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
(718) 624-2965
ilportobrooklyn.com/


NEW!!! Saturday, April 16th, April 30th, May 21st & May 28th, 1-4pm: I'll be playing a jazz brunch with my trio at a wonderful new cafe in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, called Milk & Roses. Specializing in paninis, wonderful coffee, not to mention a nice selection of beer & wine, this cozy spot is a great place to recover from your Friday night debauches.
Milk & Roses
1110 Manhattan Avenue
NY 11222-1034
(718) 389-0160

Also, this Saturday, April 16th, 8-11pm I'll be performing with vocalist Nikita Washington at the upscale L'Escale restaurant in Greenwich, Ct.
L'Escale
500 Steamboat Rd
Greenwich CT
www.lescalerestaurant.com

Tuesday, April 19th, 7:30pm: I will be performing a concert of my music with the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill Jazz Band as part of the Aebersold Guest Artist Series.
Hill Hall Auditorium
145 E Cameron Ave
Chapel Hill
North Carolina 27514

Keep Swinging,
Russ

No comments: