Saturday, January 30, 2016

Hello Again - I'm Still Here!

I've just been very lazy/busy pursuing my doctorate in Jazz Composition at the Frost School of Music at the University of Miami. I'm almost there - just a couple more months and a lot of writing and you can call me Dr. Spiegel!

I'm gearing up for my Doctoral Concert 7-8pm, Thursday, March 3 in Room 206 in the Foster building of the Frost school. Entrance is free, and the band is one-of-a-kind:

Reeds:
Tom Kelly, Manny Echazabal, Chris Thompson-Taylor, Joey Rosin, and Special Guest: Tim Armacost
Trumpets: 
Cisco Dimas, Nick Benitez, Sam Neufeld, and Special Guest: Brian Lynch
Trombones:
Chad Bernstein, Will Wulfeck, Javier Nero, and Major Bailey
Rhythm: 
Luke Franco, Jim Gasior, Bob Bruya, and Evan Hyde
Special Guests:
Alex Manfredo: vocals
Hendrik Meurkens: chromatic harmonica
Jackson Parodi: electronics and accordion

----------------------------------------

In the meantime, here's a little article I wrote that touches on my research....

https://theruzz.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/the-rise-and-development-of-the-contemporary-european-big-band/

Peace & Love,
Russ

No comments: