Friday, August 9, 2013

Goodbye, New York!

For the next stage of my career I will be leaving New York for the time being to concentrate on my studies at the University of Miami. There I will begin working on my DMA (Doctor of Musical Arts) in Jazz Composition in a lush setting of palm trees and ocean breeze.

Of course, New York will never be far from my mind and I hope to visit back there whenever the opportunty presents itself, as well as continued trips to Europe and elsewhere during school breaks. 

----------------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Friday, Aug. 9: My final gig in New York City will be at the Bar Next Door performing standards and originals with my trio. Sets are at 7:30, 9:30 and 11:30. As this is a very small, intimate venue (seats about 30!!!), make sure to reserve a place. $12 cover.

The Russ Spiegel Trio:
Russ Spiegel: guitar
Gary Wang: bass
Anthony Pinciotti: drums

About the Bar Next Door: Slightly larger than a nice sized efficiency apartment, lit by votive candles, and bedecked with dark wood, it would be an understatement to call this subterranean West Village bar intimate. Jazz trios, crammed into a corner of the room near the working fireplace, play seven nights a week, as snuggling couples and self-styled enthnomusicologists lounge on dark leather banquettes while sipping wine or martinis. (There's an exhaustive menu for the former.)
 

The Bar Next Door
129 MacDougal St
New York, NY 10012
Tel: (212) 529-5945
www.lalanternacaffe.com

No comments: